Fee Appeal

Can I appeal or dispute my stormwater management utility fee?

The fee is assessed to all nonexempt properties, as defined in the Town Code. You may appeal your stormwater management utility fee if you believe one or more of these situations apply to your property:

1) Incorrect Ownership — The parcel does not belong to you.
2) Exempt property — The property has been assessed a fee but is exempt because of the type of property or amount of impervious surface.
3) Incorrect Property Type — The property is designated as non-residential but is actually residential, or vice versa.
4) Incorrect Tier — A non-residential property is billed at the wrong tier (based on the amount of impervious surface).

An appeal of a disputed bill must be made in writing using the Town’s Stormwater Management Utility Fee Appeal Form, available below.