Residents in single-family homes or duplexes qualify for weekly curbside collection of recycling in 95-gallon roll-out carts. Curbside recycling collection is managed by Orange County Solid Waste Management.
- Aerosol Spray Cans - Must be completely empty. Do NOT puncture or flatten.
- Aluminum Foil & Trays - Rinse off food residue and crush what you can. Do NOT include foil with food or grease on it.
- Drink Cartons - Flat-topped, aseptic, and gable topped boxes. Plastic spouts are okay. Rinse clean and flatten. Do NOT Include foil drink pouches or straws.
- Corrugated Cardboard & Single Layer Carboard (cereal boxes, cracker boxes, frozen food boxes, paper towel rolls, and tissue boxes) - Empty and flatten boxes completely for recycling. Include cereal boxes, cracker Recycle pizza boxes with Single Stream recycling if they are completely clean and empty. Do NOT Include any wax coated boxes; tissues or paper towels; any plastic foil bags or linings; or plastic or Styrofoam packaging.
- Glass Bottles & Jars - Clear, brown, green and blue glass bottles and jars only. Rinse clean. Lids and labels are okay.
- Metal Cans - Aluminum and steel/tin food or beverage cans. Tuck metal lids inside cans and crimp the edge shut. Flatten what you can to save space. Do NOT include car parts, pans, pots, or scrap metal.
- Mixed Paper - Any clean, dry paper that tears (envelope windows and staples are okay), junk mail, manila folders, office and school paper, and shredded paper is okay if it is in a paper bag, stapled shut, and labeled "shredded paper." Do NOT Include tissue or paper towels, wax coated or laminated paper, and credit cards and other plastic items from junk mail.
- Newspapers - Newspaper and associated inserts. Do NOT include plastic bags or rubber bands before recycling.
- Magazines - Do NOT Include plastic overwrap. 24-hour recycling drop-off sites have Magazine Racks to share magazines in good condition.
- Phone Books & Paperback Books - Clean and dry. Do NOT include plastic bags; remove before recycling. No hardcover books.
- Plastic Bottles, Jugs & Jars - Plastic bottles have a neck smaller than the base. Leave the cap on! Do NOT include clear plastic boxes or clamshells, plastic bags or other non-rigid plastics, or Styrofoam
- Tubs, Cups & Buckets #2, #4 & #5 - Tubs, cups and buckets and other rigid non bottle plastics #2, #4, #5 only. Do NOT include clear plastic boxes or clamshells, plastic bags or other non-rigid plastics, or Styrofoam.
- Plastic Bags/Film
For more information or to request a recycling roll-out cart visit Orange County Solid Waste Management or call 919-968-2788.